- 14 Days
- October 2020
- Le Boreal
- £4,139 PER PERSON
This Expedition Includes:
- All meals
- Selected beverages with wine and beer
- Daily enrichment programme featuring lectures, educational presentations and demonstrations
- Excellent programme of shore excursions
- See the ancient statues on Easter Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the Saint Michael’s Cathedral on Rikitea – built entirely from wood and coral
- Explore the isolated island of Akunea – home to just 30 people
- Enjoy scenic cruising along Ducie Island
You will board your expedition cruise ship, Le Boreal, in Papeete, French Polynesia’s capital, before sailing for the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Fakarava. It is here where you will see the most incredible example of Tahitian pearls.
The next few days will be spent aboard your luxurious ship before you reach Rikitea in the Gambier Islands, where one of Polynesia’s wonders is situated: Saint Michael’s Cathedral which is made entirely from coral and timber.
Le Boreal will remain in the Gambier Islands, but today you will visit Akunea which is home to just 30 people! It’s a wonderful place to visit and somewhere that very few others will get the chance to see.
You’ll sail the Temoe Atoll on day seven and spend day eight sailing for Adamstown in the Pitcairn Islands. This tiny British territory is an adventure traveller’s paradise and the entire archipelago has only 50 inhabitants.
On day ten you will sail along Ducie Island and remain at sea for two further days before arriving in Hanga Roa on Easter Island. Although your expedition will finish here, you’ll have two full days to explore everything on offer, including the famous Moai statutes.Contact Us