- 12 Days
- June & August
- MS Spitsbergen
- £4527 per person
- 2021 June to September
This Expedition Includes:
- Return flights from Oslo to Longyearbyen
- A one-night hotel stay in Longyearbyen
- A full programme of optional excursions
- Full board with complimentary wine and beer at dinner
- Sail to the edge of the Arctic Ocean – a journey to the top of the globe!
- Spot the majestic Polar Bear, Svalbard Reindeer and a myriad of bird species.
- The opportunity to hike across a glacier, also known as “Brevandring”.
- The visit the Isfjord – a stunning network of fjords carved out of mountains over 10,000 years ago.
This Arctic expedition cruise gives you the opportunity to enjoy 10 days exploring Spitsbergen; the largest island in the Svalbard archipelago that is famed for its dense population of Polar Bears.
Your expedition starts with an evening flight from Norway’s capital, Oslo, to the world’s northernmost city, Longyearbyen, situated in the western region of Svalbard. After a one-night hotel stay in the city, you can spend the next morning exploring independently or joining up with an excursion before transferring to the port in the afternoon and boarding the 335-guest capacity MS Spitsbergen.
The next two days will be spent in Northwest Spitsbergen National Park. While there is no fixed itinerary for this period, weather permitting you will have the chance to visit many of the northwest’s highlights, including the beautiful fjord area of Kongsfjorden and the whaling station ruins in Mitrahalvøya. You might even have the chance to join the Expedition Team in hiking across a glacier!
You will then cruise to the eastern side of Svalbard for two days exploring the Eastern Svalbard Nature Reserves and South Spitsbergen National Park. Eastern Svalbard represents your best chance of spotting a polar bear as it boasts the highest population of bear in the archipelago. Other wildlife in the region includes reindeer, seal and a huge variety of birds such as puffins, gulls and the Arctic fulmar.
On day 9 you will arrive in the Isfjord; a prominent system of fjords and one of the most beautiful parts of Svalbard. Home to huge numbers of Svalbard reindeers, the mountainous scenery, rich flora and pleasing climate represent a nice contrast to the snow-swept landscapes you visited earlier in the expedition.
Your final evening will end with a farewell BBQ before the ship arrives back into Longyearbyen for an early morning departure to Oslo.Contact Us