- 21 Days
- January & February
- 2021: 10th January, 10th February
- 2022: 11th January
This Expedition Includes:
- 1 night pre-expedition hotel stay in Ushuaia, Argentina
- Zodiac excursions accompanied by the Expedition Team
- Daily programme of lectures and education presentations
- Waterproof boots and complimentary expedition parka
- Meet members of the local community on Stanley in the Falkland Islands
- Look out for breaching whales as the ship sails towards South Georgia
- Visit the grave of noted explorer Ernest Shackleton on South Georgia
- Set foot on the Antarctic continent and spot penguins, seals and whales
Embarking G-Expedition in Ushuaia, you will spend the evening in port before sailing for the Beagle Channel before arriving in the Falkland Islands, one of the most biologically diverse and extraordinary places to visit in the southern islands. You’ll have several days here to explore and learn more about this fascinating land and its wildlife.
Days six and seven will be spent sailing the Southern Sea before you arrive in South Georgia for 3 full days of exploration. South Georgia is home to many interesting sights, including the grave of polar explorer Ernest Shackleton. King Penguins are also a popular attraction here so be sure to have your camera ready.
You will leave South Georgia and Sail for two days, retracing Shackleton’s route backwards on course towards Elephant Island and the Antarctic Peninsula. This allowing another great opportunity to spot wildlife from the deck of G-Expedition.
Days fourteen to eighteen will be spent exploring the Antarctic continent and weather permitting, two shore landings will be attempted every day. Penguins, seals and orca are all usually spotted in the Tierra de O’Higgins area.
Your journey through the Drake Passage and back to Ushuaia will offer time to reflect on the voyage of a lifetime and one last chance to spot some of the world’s most wonderful marine life.Contact Us